Chelsey does Europe 2006

Thursday, June 15, 2006

bar hopping to "Love Generation"


We stayed at the nicest place in Ios called the "Far Out Beach Club". We had our own room with a bathroom, tv, fridge, patio and AC. It was awesome. The place also had 3 pools and was right beside the beach! Since it was so nice we extended our stay to 5 nights total. Our friend Kelsey and Carolyn were there as well and we met them randomly there. We also had 2 other girls we met at the Pink Palace there for a couple nights.
Can't say we did a lot in Ios. We went out for dinner a couple times and layed on the beach or by the pool all day. The town is really cute and there is a lot of good shopping which is trouble. We got into a good routine of getting up, going to the beach and taking a nap and then going for dinner around 9ish. The last bus from our place went to the town at around 11. Everyone got on that bus...the only problem was that the driver was a booze nazi. He wouldn't let anything on the bus. So Julia and I found a drug mule the first night and snuck it in her purse. She gave it back to me and this girl started talking so I told her about our drug mule. Big mistake...she was a spy for the bus and took away my wine!! But we did get it back in the end. It was a lot of fun going out in Ios. We formed team Canada on the bus and hung out with them. We all belted out 'O Canada' at one point. When we got rowdy we just chanted 'USA USA USA'. haha.
There was one place that had life size Jenga!! It was a lot of fun playing and obviously I never lost once! All the bars are around a square and you just bar hop to the songs you like. So of course we bar hopped to "Love Generation" and the Shakira song. By the end of our stay the all seemed to remember us. We even danced on the bars and tables. I gave it up after I was getting down and fell flat on my back in front of everyone..very embarrassing. Everyone stays out so late until like 7 or 8 but since we are old we never managed to make it that late.

We went on a kyayk safari which was awesome..it included cliff jumping, snorkling and a bbq. I didn't cliff jump..I was trained at a young age that I would break my neck so I couldn't get the courage to do it. Ios was amazing and we didn't want to leave but it is time for another island! I really wanted to go on this pirate ship I'll post a pic.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Laura Davies said...

Chelts - Drug Mules are never a good option. Take it from a Customs inspector. ;)
Hope you're keepin it real in Swiss. Nicky C. and I are really missing you in the weekly 3some ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home