Chelsey does Europe 2006

Monday, June 12, 2006

Donkeys and Detox

We spent 3 nights and 2 days of Detox in Santorini. Since we didn't think you could fly from Corfu (duh I seemed to have lost my brains on this trip) the journey was LONG. We took the Athens bus from the Pink Palace which goes from 9-8am. So fun. You think you can sleep but no, you have to get off twice to get on the ferries. The second one was at 4 am! Once we got into Athens we had some culutre shock and we weren't ready for a city. So instead of sightseeing we went straight to the port and got a ticket for the ferry to Santorini. A 10 hour ferry ride and we arrived at 3am!
Santorini is beautiful.
The first day we rented a car and drove all around the island. We saw the black sand beaches, the red beaches all the cute buildings and a had really good time. We met these two girls on our journey from the Pink Palace and they came along with us.

The next day we went on a beast our. We first went to the Caldera by boat and hiked up it when it was like 35 degrees. It was really interesting to look at..but maybe thas just me since I like rocks. From there we went to a hot spring but I opted out since it kinda stained white and my bikini has white in it. Then we went to another little island and had a really good lunch. The village was on top of this hill/small mountain I like to say so instead of walking it we rented DONKEYS! The Donkeys were so much fun!! At first.
My Donkey of course was the smallest and from the minute I got on until I got off he was shaking...pretty sure I was breaking him. He looked like he was dying and had a scar on his back...so I named him Eeyore! When we headed up he took off and they have no reins to hold on it...apparently Donkeys do not repsond to "Donkey Stop" Not to worry it didn't last long...after 2 mins he was dying and tripping up the hill. The man behind us had a bunch of people tied together with they donkeys and was yelling at ours so loud. I was scared of him. He then started whipping Eeyore! I felt sooo bad for him. He got whipped like a million times because he was dying from my weight. Anyways we made it to the top in once piece.
We went to Oia which is on Santorini and saw the best sunset..well kinda. They were supposed to be nice but I guess I am a sunset snob cause I see better in Vancouver and in Perth. They buildings looked pink though.
Now we are in Ios...detox over. Carolyn and Kelsey from high school are randomly here too!

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for the donkey...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home