Chelsey does Europe 2006

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Where are the lava bodies?



I spent 3 nights in Sorrento...a small town outside of Napoli. We stayed at a campsite that was 11 Euros a night...very good deal. There were randomly some girls there who were from Vancity and one of them was my friend's sister. We keep running into people. From Sorrento we did day trips to Pompei and Capri. Pompei was HUGE. I didnt expect it to be so large. I woke up that morning and my eye was so swollen it looked like I had been punched in the face but without the bruises. So I had to wear my sunnies all day...and it was so HOT. Julia and I are now rocking the best sunglass tans on our noses. We didnt really know what we were looking at in Pompei since we forgot to get a map...and we didnt see any of the bodies. We were upset about that...but apparently they are there. People we talked to saw them...we just had no idea where to find them.

The next day we took a "sailboat" from our campsite with a bunch of Italains to Capri. It was really a over sized boat...no sails. Capri was very nice...very posh. We walked down the streets and found all of our favorite stores that we can't afford. We went up a chairlift to the top of the mountain. It was single seats and wooden...it was a fun ride. We didnt go swimming because there was so much garbage in the water it was gross. Everyone just throws their garbage in the water there...sick. But besides that it was very nice. Awesome views...clear blue water. The buses are crazy..they are mini and you are packed on like sardines. The roads are super narrow and they just wip around the corners...breaking when they see another bus. They get so close and passing we could reach out and touch the other bus. It was the best bus ride of the trip. I would definately like to go back to Capri one day.

3 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man I'm so jealous you're on the same French/Italian road trip that I went on after grade 12 - what a blast!!!!

Miss ya tons you're the cutest blogger

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chels sounds like is a common driving practice throughout europe...i thought vancouver had the shittiest drivers! Miss ya lots looking forward to your return...love dawg, let me know when you are coming home!

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey buddy it was me amandawg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home